Tuesday 9 September 2008

'Do they exist or did I dream them?'

Featured in Ali Smith’s lovely Hang the DJ list ('Chance Meetings and Perfect Marriages') are two tunes sung in French by Jodie Foster, no less, ‘Je t’attends depuis la nuit des temps’ and ‘La vie c’est chouette.’ As Ali explains though, these were on a long-since-lost cassette tape given to her by her pen pal (Debbie from Blackpool!).

So my question is, can anyone help track down a copy of these songs, or send them in? The only other clue is that they were from a film called Moi, Fleur Bleu. I promise a reward of some (musical) kind for any help received ...

2 comments:

MDV said...

I bet Andrew Benbow knows how to find them.

theadmiral said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knOEB3S6BLY

I don't thanks mdv but maybe the attached will cheer Ali up (although she may have already seen it).
Jodie and Clo-clo ( R.I.P.) performing a whizz! bang! pop! version of Gainsbourg's Comic Stip on le telly.